A few housekeeping things:
- I know I promised you guys a ton more posts about tips and tricks, etc, but I just don't have time to do everything as in depth as I want for you guys. I am still working on things, its just taking me longer, especially since nap-time rarely exists at my house. That being said, if YOU have an idea that you think would make an awesome post, and you would like to do a guest post about it, send me an email at SourdoughSurprises@gmail.com !!!
- Let's see if we can't get some new participants here! Let's share, share, share across social media, invite friends to join us, let's see how much we can get this group to grow! We love how many followers we have, but it would make us so happy to see more participating, too! :)
- I decided to open up our Pinterest Boards to include additional things besides what our group makes. Now when you look through each board you can find all kinds of great sourdough recipes, so make sure to check them out! Because of this, I'm going to stop using the "Monthly Pinterest" board next month and instead link to the specific board for that topic.
So, for this month, I have a challenge for you! I posted on Facebook and asked if you wanted to make something sweet, something savory, or something challenging and without a recipe. Since only two of you answered (Thanks Kelly & Russell), and both of you picked the challenging one, that's what we are going to do! And I am so excited about it! I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but I haven't been able to find a recipe for it, and I haven't had the time to create one for you, either. SO, part of this challenge is creating your own recipe! Are you ready to find out what we are making?
Wontons!!! Wontons are small dumplings, usually with a savory filling. They can be dropped into a soup and boiled or they can be fried (you can pick which you would like to do). Dont confuse wontons with other filled dumplings - the key here is to get a nice thin dough to wrap your filling. Wontoms are typically served in a triangular or spherical shape (so not a ball of dough!)
Like i said before, i wasnt able to find an actual recipe for sourdough womtons, so i want you to put on your thinking caps and eee what you can come up with! Check out the Steamy Kitchen site for a great tutorial on how tommake wontons (fried and boiled and even dessert!). And if you need some inspiration, check out the Monthly Inspiration Board on Pinterest! Not only can you use whichever recipe you like, but please feel free to use whatever flavorings and additional ingredients you want! There are no rules, except stick to the topic and include your sourdough! Have fun, and we can't wait to see what you make!
To Join us for July:
1. Make some amazing wontons utilizing your sourdough starter!
2. Take some photos and blog about it on July 20, 2015
3. Make sure that you include a link back to our blog somewhere in your post. Make sure it says "www.sourdoughsurprises.blogspot.com"
4. Make sure you come back here to enter your post into the linky tool on reveal day so everyone can see what you have made!
5. Post your pictures and/or blog posts to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram with the #sourdoughsurprises tag so everyone can see!
** If you don't have a blog but would like to join us anyway, that's awesome! We would love that! Simply bake along with us, and send us an email containing a picture of your creation, your name, and a brief description of what you made and we will include it on the reveal day post!
Can't wait to see what you have made!