Awesome job on all the quick breads and muffins, you guys!
This month is brought to you by our friend Robyn! Robyn sent us an email a link to an email about kolache, a soft pastry that is typically filled with sweetned cheese or fruit, and how she thought it would be a fun challenge to make with our starters. Well, we completely agree, and so this month we want you to make your own sourdough version!
We didn't find an actual sourdough recipe for kolache, but we think you guys are fully capable of converting one! We did notice that sweeter versions tended to be shaped like rounded cups, while savory versions are more un-like, where fillings are encased in dough. We will offer up these recipes for you to look at (one from King Arthur Flour, and one from Homesick Texan), as well as some information on how to convert. As always, please feel free to use whatever recipe suits you, and use whatever type of filling you like as well! And check out our Pinterest page if you need a little inspiration.
How to participate this month:
1. Try your hand at making your own kolache, utilizing your sourdough starter!
2. Take some photos and blog about it on November 20, 2013
3. Make sure that you include a backlink to our blog somewhere in your post (you need to make sure you include both the "www." and the ".com" in the link in order for the linky tool to work!)
4. Follow this link: http://new.inlinkz.com/luscript.php?id=331979&nojump=1&key=ILVLc5xRJn6hM and choose the HTML code that works best for you and your blog. Copy and paste it into the HTML section of your blog. You will know you have done it correctly if you see a little blue frog face.
5. Make sure you enter your post into the linky tool on reveal day so everyone can see what you have made!
Now get baking! We can't wait to see what you come up with!