December already? How in the world did that happen?
Let us start by saying WOW - we were amazingly impressed with the kolaches you guys baked last month. You guys really stepped up to the extra challenge of working out your own recipes, and boy did you deliver!
Since this month is so full of cooking, baking and general busy times, we wanted to choose something a little bit easier, but no less delicious! So this month, we are asking you to use your starters to make popovers. Popovers are light, hollow rolls that can be served sweet or savory - the possibilities are endless.
And don't worry! There is no special equipment needed! If you already have a popover pan, awesome. But if you don't, you can use a regular muffin pan or even mugs to bake your popovers!
We found this recipe from the highly-trusted King Arthur Flour site as our inspiration, but there are plenty of options out there, both for recipes and for flavor and filling options. So find what tickles your fancy and let's get baking!
How to participate this month:
1. Choose a recipe and make some delicious popovers, utilizing your sourdough starter!
2. Take some photos and blog about it on December 20, 2013
3. Make sure that you include a backlink to our blog somewhere in your post (you need to make sure you include both the "www." and the ".com" in the link in order for the linky tool to work!)
4. Follow this link: http://new.inlinkz.com/luscript.php?id=342421&nojump=1&key=ILr5mz0O.Syw6 and choose the HTML code that works best for you and your blog. Copy and paste it into the HTML section of your blog. You will know you have done it correctly if you see a little blue frog face.
5. Make sure you enter your post into the linky tool on reveal day so everyone can see what you have made!
We can't wait to see what pops up!